Rival Drift Series 2018 is a 3-round competition series. It was created to fill a current void in the grassroots community. This series is made for those who want to compete at the grassroots level without having to build a high horsepower “ProAm” type competition car.
**This is a separate series from TOP DRIFT ProAm and has no affiliation to Formula D Pro 2 licensing.**
Rival Drift Series rules are as follows:
● All engine swaps 3500cc (3.5 liters) and below are allowed.
***The only exception will be if the car came equipped with an engine with a displacement larger than 3500cc from the factory (i.e. Mustang, corvette, 370z, etc.)***
● Modification of engine is allowed (Turbo Charger, Super Chargers, Internal modifications, including stroker kits, variable valve timing etc.)
● Use of nitrous oxide system is prohibited.
● Firewall modification is prohibited. Slight clearance modifications for engine/transmission fitment must be approved by tech.
● Transmission swaps are open.
● All tires on the vehicle cannot exceed 235 in width.
● Front tire treadwear is open.
● Rear tire treadwear must be 300 and higher.
● No fuel cell allowed.
● Surge tanks are allowed but must be enclosed and sealed completely from the cabin.
Roll cage minimum requirements:
● 4-point bolt-in roll cage with door bars.
*Door bars can be bolt in with a sleeve or tube connector type joints. Cusco style tabs and bolts will not pass tech for door bars.
● All convertibles MUST have a cage welded to the car with welded door bars. No bolt in cage allowed.
*Roll cage is not required for qualifying but competitor cannot proceed to top 16 tandem rounds (not including convertibles).
*Although a bolt-in cage will pass tech, a 6-point welded roll cage with welded door bars is highly recommended.
* Special rounds may not require a cage and will be announced prior to the event.
* No exceptions for convertibles regardless of special rounds mentioned above
● Roll cage material should be SAE 1020 or 1025 Mild steel tubing or DOM, 1.5”x0.95” or comparable.
● SFI or FIA rated door bar padding required in exposed impact areas (door bars, A to B pillar bars and all bars around the driver head).
● Fire extinguisher required. Must be mounted inside the cabin, positioned within driver’s reach.
● Windshields must be glass with no cracks larger than a quarter.
●OEM dash must be present.
●OEM or aftermarket door panels must be present and secured properly via fasteners.
*Cutting of either parts to fit around the cage is allowed.
● All wheels and tires must fit under fenders. Minor protrusion of the tire from stretching is allowed
● Vehicle must be 1 color.
*Livery/designs/decals are allowed.
●Vehicle must have all body panels present and secured on the car at the time of tech.
● OEM style headlights and tail lights must be used.
● Aftermarket bash bars are OK but must fit and cover bumper properly and entirely.
● Functional tow hooks required in front and rear. Factory tow points OK.
● Seat belt/harness
*OEM seat belts allowed with factory seat.
*Minimum 4-point harness is required for any aftermarket seat.